Pretty crocheted doilies and vintage style pinucushions

I recently purchased this bundle of little crocheted doilies in various shades of cream and white.  They range in size from about 2.5inches to 4inches and are really pretty.  The second I saw them in another Etsy shop, my brain was playing with all kinds of ideas for using them.  Search on Pinterest for doily craft ideas and you'll see lots of cool things people are making with doilies.  



I wanted to use them for making needle books and pincushions.  Part of the fun of making a new design is auditioning felt colors.  I really liked the combination below but in the end I didn't end up using the orange flowers.  They just seemed a bit too loud for this project.  


Once I made my color choices, I cut out flowers and leaves and started stitching.  



Below are the almost finished pincushions waiting for stuffing.  I usually try and save up a bunch and then find something good on Netflix and sit and stuff them and finish stitching the openings closed.



As I was choosing the color palettes the blue and mustard one was my least favorite but when the details were added, the blue needle book and pincushion became my favorite!  I was trying to go for a soft, vintage feel and I think this color combo really worked well.  









I've still got a bunch more doilies and a few slightly larger ones too and I have some different ideas for those.  These pincushions and needle books are all available in my Etsy shop.









Comments

Popular Posts