It's beginning to feel a bit like Fall

It's beginning to feel a bit like Fall and that makes me happy.  Fall is my favorite season.  I love the nip in the early morning air and the subtle change of light from the glaring bright light of Summer to the soft, golden light of the Fall months - the way the first, early morning, glowy rays of sunshine hit the grape vine leaves and the textured palm tree trunks in my garden.  As I walk Tia in the mornings, I've been noticing the leaves starting to turn.  





The quilt show, where I will have a booth, is just a few short weeks away and I am stitching every chance I get.  As always, I've been struggling to maintain a balance between making more of popular existing designs and working on the new ones that are itching to get off the pages of my sketchbook.  I've also had several custom orders to work on.  My shop is looking rather empty and a bit sad but I'm planning to put it "on vacation" in September so I can focus on the show.  I'll come back to it fresh after that.  

I've come up with a new hedgehog pincushion.  It is a Fall hedgehog pincushion, with colorful leaves and little red toadstools. 








I've made three of these but I'm pretty sure I'm going to be making a lot more.  If I have time before the quilt show I will.  

6.30am this morning and the sky was clear for the first time for weeks, no visible smoke from the big fire down near Carmel!  What a treat to see the bright stars fade and the sun rise.  









Comments

Popular Posts