London And How I Walked 30 Miles in Three Days

My daughter is studying at Cambridge University for a few weeks this summer and I am traveling around visiting family and doing some sightseeing of my own.  We arrived in London on Friday and are staying 5 minutes walk from St.Paul's Cathedral and the Millennium Bridge.  It's an awesome location, perfectly situated for exploring this wonderful city.  


Day 1
St.Paul's Cathedral
The Globe Theater
The Courtauld Gallery at Somerset House - inspiring paintings
Covent Garden - we love to watch all the street performers!
Westminster and The Houses Of Parliament
The South Bank
10.5miles

Day 2
The Royal Mews - all the royal carriages and horses, beautiful.
Buckingham Palace and The Changing Of The Guard and my daughter gets to make friends with a royal horse!
A wander through St.James Park
Horseguards Parade and Household Cavalry Museum
Downing Street
The British Museum
Street food on the South Bank
11.6miles

Day 3
I took my daughter back to Heathrow to meet up with her Cambridge group.  
Liberty's and tons of inspiration and stunning displays.
The V&A and a fabulous exhibition of shoes - if you are in London, try and see it!
A wander along the river path and around St.Paul's Cathedral
8miles


I love London, the bustle, the sights, the sound of church bells chiming every quarter hour.  These are all things I don't get to experience at home.  It's a privilege to be here and I've loved every second.  I do have very sore feet though and I'm looking forward to sitting on the train to Scotland tomorrow!



Comments

Popular Posts