Sketches For New Pincushion Designs

This has been another busy week.  Amidst the craziness that is everyday life, I've been working on some new pincushion designs.   For a while now I've been thinking about doing another french knot design.  I enjoy making my cherry tree pincushions.  I just find sewing french knots very soothing!  I wondered about something with a sheep but then it hit me, an alpaca.  Alpacas are such ridiculously cute looking creatures and I think an embroidered one could work well.  



At the same time, I've found myself drawn to a tree sketch that I did ages ago.  I can picture a tree with appliquéd leaves in lots of different shades of green felt and with four little brightly colored birds perched in it.  




I've got the felt ready for both projects and today I have a chunk of time at home so I plan to sew and continue catching up on season 3 of Call The Midwife on netflix before season 4 four premiers in a week or so.  




Comments

Popular Posts