My Day In Cups Of Tea

My weekdays begin at 6am with a cup of tea that my husband kindly makes and leaves on the kitchen counter for me.  I'm not a morning person and 6am is not a happy time for me.  I put together lunches for whoever needs one that day and then wake my daughter up, she's not a morning person either!  



Sometimes I have breakfast with my daughter before school and other times, I wait until I get back after drop off.  Today was an "after drop off" morning, gluten free oatmeal cooked with a some chopped apple, local walnuts and raisins and some pumpkin pie spice (a blend of cinnamon, ginger, lemon peel, nutmeg, cloves and cardamon) - delicious!


My local Target store has an instore Starbucks and I often get a cup of their "Awake" blend tea to sip while I shop especially if it is late morning and I'm starting to feel like I need it.  I used to drink strong black coffee all morning, but had to give it up for health reasons and I still miss everything about it.  I did some sewing today in-between laundry loads but more about that another time.




4pm is teatime.  Today the weather was gorgeous and I sat out in the garden and enjoyed my cup of tea.  I'm reading the newish Jacqueline Winspear book, "The Care And Management Of Lies" but am having a hard time getting into it.  I noticed there were more tomatoes to pick, some carrots ready for pulling and the lemons and grapefruit were tinged with yellow.   


Those turnip looking things in the center are watermelon radishes.  They like warm weather and are the most amazing color of shocking pink inside!  Here is the tomato and radish salad we had for dinner.









Comments

Popular Posts