On My Worktable

Saturday July 5th 2014

It's been a busy week but I have got some sewing done!  The tree stump pincushions I started last time we were in the mountains have been sitting pathetically on my worktable since we got home.  This week I got them finished up.  I also made some more ballerina and princess felties after sending some on a long trip to their new home in Australia.  They are fun to make but always take me longer than I expect.  I usually have a cutting out session where I end up with a tray full of tiny body parts and then I sit and sew them while watching a movie or tv in the evenings with my family.  Also this week I am making more TARDIS pincushions and working on a design for a custom pincushion with an Ood on it for a fellow Whovian.  It's been hot this week, which is probably why I've been able to find time to sew!  I'm not at my best when it's 100 degrees or more and I am so thankful for our pool and air-conditioning.  As always, I'm finding summer to be such a balancing act.  I have things I have to do (cleaning, grocery shopping, laundry, feeding everyone etc), stuff I need to do (hanging out with my daughter because time passes so fast and the time I spend with her is precious, also making sure to spend time with my son when he's home from college and listening to my husband when he comes home from a hard day at work), and stuff I want to do (sewing, scrapbooking, blogging, trying new recipes, reading going to the farmer's market etc).  Really there aren't enough hours in the day!  Of course, in reality, this balancing act exists all year round. It just seems more intense in the summer somehow!



You can see all my pincushions HERE.




Check out more felties HERE.




Comments

Popular Posts