On My Worktable

May 30th 2014

I don't really know where this week has gone!  It was the first week of the Summer break for my high schooler so we have been finding a different routine.  She is a late riser so I am sewing in the early mornings when the house is quiet.  It has been cool enough to have all the windows open in the morning so I have been able to sew to the music of birdsong - lovely.  I am working on building stock for the quilt show in September.  


I have been enjoying using my little dish I got at the Japanese store recently.  I have promised my daughter a trip there soon, it is just the kind of shop she would love too.  The bunny pincushions actually have fuchsia side bands and not red as they appear here.  It is such a difficult color to photograph.  





I also like to make jewelry.  I made this necklace to go with a very pale lilac t-shirt that I bought recently.  My daughter enjoys making things too.  She has a very individual and steampunk inspired style.  The picture of all the stuff on the table is when we were both working at the same time!  The pendant on my necklace came from a local craft store.  I love how it looks like a vintage piece.  I added the wire wrapping and pink bead.  I have also used a variety of glass and crystal beads, amethyst, garnets and some labradorite.  It is about 16 or 17 inches long and very comfortable to wear.  






Comments

Popular Posts